Groups For All Ages
- Pragmatic language skills of abstraction and inferencing
- Emotional regulation
- Initiating, maintaining and closing a conversation
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Language to support friendship (compliments, friendly tone, greetings, etc.)
- Good sportsmanship
- Appropriate nonverbal language behaviors
Participants are required to commit to one month at a time. Insurance claims can be submitted for those on active therapy programs at KSLC. Some enter after years of individual social language therapy who may or may not still be in a school program, but need continual help in this area as they progress to more sophisticated levels of social communication skills. Groups at KSLC are goal oriented, and can be coordinated with any other active programs from our center, outside our center, or from school.
1. Pragmatic Language for tweens – Avon,
Mondays 5:00-6:00, ages 11-13
2. High School Social Group, ages 13-17 – Avon
Meets weekly on Wednesdays 6-7 P.M. This is a high functioning group for social language practice with peers.
3. Young Adult Social Language and Life Skills – Cromwell, every other Friday 5:30 P.M.
Ages 18-26 for ADHD, Anxiety, Stuttering, Asperger’s and High Functioning Autism.
4. SAT Review Group- Wednesdays at 5 PM, Avon